Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I have an asymmetric abnormality of the gait...

or limp (sorry, I just can't resist). I have had it for 2 weeks now. I have gotten really good at not showing it most of the time (which is a bad thing!). I kept thinking that it will soon go away anytime now, but alas, it has gotten worse in the last few days. I will see a podiatrist tomorrow & find out what he thinks is causing the swelling & pain on my right foot. And for those who knows me...I absolutely must move even if I hobble around slowly. :)

And so here comes my wonderful friend, Nancy, to the rescue! She came over this afternoon & helped me around the house; watering my indoor plants (which were on the verge of dying from lack of moisture) and dusting (or undusting the furniture, walls, piano, grandfather clock, etc. She wanted to do more, but I wouldn't let her. :) Thank you so much, my friend!! You are greatly appreciated. My plants are happy & the dust bunnies are gone. I want you to know I had fun chatting with you while you make my house liveable again. Paul & Heather had fun playing with Kaden & McKenna, also.

**Update: Dr. said I have stress fracture. I have to wear a surgical shoe until it heals. It's very lightweight & not fashionable at all. :) I go back next week to see if anything improves.

2 comments:

Nancy and Spencer said...

You are way too nice! I just feel honored that you let me help the unstoppable woman! :) I love the cartoon... that must be a representation of you.
Love you so much!

Aubrey Norby said...

Sorry to hear about your injury. Did the doctor have any ideas about what "stressed" your foot? I hope you get feeling better soon.