
Today is a wonderful day! My children & I went to Church to worship, attend our classes and partake of the sacrament. Today I was also called as one of the Relief Society Teachers. I must admit that at first I felt inadequate. But when the initial fear that had set in and was soon afterwards replaced by gratitude-- I actually felt very blessed. I have certainly enjoyed being a Visiting Teaching Supervisor for a about a year. It's a little saddening to not be doing the "supervising" (which mainly includes doing a report at the end of the month about visiting teaching), but I'm looking forward to learning a lot thru this new calling. I look forward to magnifying this calling thru many humble prayer for guidance from the Holy Ghost, dilligent studies and increased faith in God.
My little munchkin, Heather, gave a talk in the Primary last Sunday. The topic was about following Jesus Christ's example by being baptized and confirmed. She did a great job with her talk! With a little help from Paul, who willingly held Heather's visual aid (see above picture of Jesus Christ with John the Baptist in the Jordan River) and from me ( I helped her put her ideas on paper). I am so proud of her! Gone are the days where I have to draw or write a symbol right above each word because she didn't know how to read yet. Although she has been reading for a few years now, it still amazes me. :)
My little munchkin, Heather, gave a talk in the Primary last Sunday. The topic was about following Jesus Christ's example by being baptized and confirmed. She did a great job with her talk! With a little help from Paul, who willingly held Heather's visual aid (see above picture of Jesus Christ with John the Baptist in the Jordan River) and from me ( I helped her put her ideas on paper). I am so proud of her! Gone are the days where I have to draw or write a symbol right above each word because she didn't know how to read yet. Although she has been reading for a few years now, it still amazes me. :)
4 comments:
Wow!! i didn't know you had a blog!! Yeah!!! I love your testimony and the pictures! Good to see you here, and you are welcome to come see mine too!!
I am so jealous that I am not in RS anymore to hear your sure-to-be-wonderful lessons!!
this si randome, but what does the name of your blog mean? I assume it is tagalog?? Also, could you email me the norbys email so I can get access to their blog??
Thanks, Malissa! Now I just need to put all of the things I learned from serving in the Primary to good use-- only amplified 100 times!!
Good luck with your new calling! I know that you will be wonderful!
Post a Comment