Friday, August 22, 2008

Masarap!!

Mussels cooked with onion, ginger, bok choy & fish sauce


Baked tofu marinated in soy sauce, honey, garlic & ginger


Tofu is my favorite meat substitute. It is high in calcium, a complete protein , very versatile and fairly inexpensive. I get mine from a local health food store where they get freshly made ones (not the pre-packaged ones) from local vendors that make them everyday. The difference in taste is noticeably better with the fresh ones, and I assume healthier too. There are many ways to cook them. In the Philippines, silken tofu is mixed with some sweet syrup for a delicious and healthy snack. Oh, how I miss the Philippines!

2 comments:

NTFalkFamily said...

You are an amazing cook, Nohreen! I envy your talent and you've got to send me the recipe for the chocolate cookies you made for last Saturday's baptism. They were delicious and my kids want more of them.
Tauna

Howell said...

I'd love to learn more about tofu. I tried to make a couple recipes with it once because I like to limit meat but they didn't turn out well. Probably because I used the prepackaged stuff. Where do you get yours? Any favorite recipes? C: