Thursday, July 31, 2008

Strings Concert




Last Wednesday, we attended a strings concert that culminates the summer strings workshop that Paul went to for the last 5 weeks. They would meet for once a week at the Princeton High School. The school also generously let the kids use their fairly new performing arts center. He played the violin with ease and confidence. He has been playing for almokst a year now. He's happy with the progress he's making (and so are we!). We're proud of our little virtuoso. We took pictures and would like to share them with you.

One other instrument that Paul enjoys playing is the piano. He has been taking lessons for 3 years now. He has started experimenting with the notes and changing them up a little. He's having fun! Heather started last fall and is getting used to practising regularly. I guess the enjoyment of playing a musical instrument comes from both John & me. John played saxophone in his other life, while I played banduria. Banduria is a string instrument with 14 strings. The size and shape is similar to a mandolin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather and Paul are both wonderful and beautiful subjects. You are actually writing your life story. This is better than a diary. Your entries are all very entertaining, informative and funny. It is very unique!
Keep it up!

Jet

Chanko said...

Has he only been playing violin a year?! He's so good already. I hope he keeps it up! And I'm sure having a supportive Mommy and Daddy help immensely!