Saturday, November 1, 2008

Squiggly, wiggly worms

Last week, Heather brought home two mealworms from school!! It is part of their science project. She named them Lois & Daisy (after our bleoved cat who died last summer & Lois, our oldest cat). Funny how we recycle even our pets name. The oatmeal serves as their food & bedding. She will take care of them & watch them change from larvae, to pupas & eventually into beetles. Heather is having fun learning & taking care of her meal worms. Did you know they have 13 segments? I guess if I look hard enough, I might see them. Eeww!

Heather said that Lois is the faster one & Daisy is the slower one :)


1 comment:

Aubrey Norby said...

I just hope that none of my kids ever bring home a similar project. Those kinds of things give me the creeps! I guess it is appropriate at this time of year though. Good job on taking care of those worms Heather!