Let's start with-- Merry Christmas to you and yours!! We hope you feel the love of our Savior and Redeemer amidst all the busyness of the holidays. May the new year bring you love, happiness, good health and peace.

He is happy to have gotten his black belt in Taekwondo this month. He still plays violin in the school orchestra. He continue to improve his piano skills with the help of his very talented teacher, Sean, and recently accompanied his school choir in their concert. We were delighted when he came home from school one day and informed us that he wanted to play for the concert. All on his own. Without being asked! :) And his performance was beautiful!! He also enjoys being a part of his school's stage and lighting crew. I wish he would show as much enthusiasm at home as he does in school with setting up chairs, clearing and cleaning up. :)


Over the summer, he survived a week-long overnight stay in a Boy Scout camp. It was a great experience for him as he learned some survival skills and participated in some fun activities. In November, he attended a Merit Badge Fair where he happily attended and completed the Engineering and Aviation Badges. His plan for the future is now to get a PhD in Mechanical Engineering and be a pilot! Definitely, lots of hard work ahead for him..

Summer was also fun because he attended a camp where he learned to make his own computer video game. After a week of toil (it was a very hot summer, indeed!!) he was able to create and design a game.
This year was also a busy year for him with playing Ultimate Frisbee. He and his friends were able to travel and compete with a group of other teen frisbee enthusiasts in NJ. He quickly learned that having a good skill at forehand throwing can be so useful and fun!
He has fun hanging out with his friends from our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He has learned to fish and enjoy it, too. He is still opposed to eating or killing the fish he catches, so he happily tosses them back in the water.
One of my favorite moments of Paul is on Sundays. When I see him in his white shirt, neck tie and dress pants passing the Sacrament reverently.
Last Spring, he had fun participating in the annual piano recital concert his teacher loves doing for his students. Sean planned it so he would be the concluding piece, but the 2 hour wait to watch and hear him play last was all worth it and his performance was phenomenal!
Mommy's Big Boy and Daddy's Little Buddy is now a 13 yr old young man. :) We feel very blessed to have Paul as our son. He is a funny, smart, talented, humorous and good kid. We love him so much!
Heather


She is our little athlete in the family. She is very diligent in practicing her gymnastic moves. She especially enjoys front and back hand springs and the balance beam. She said she is like a doll with moveable joints because of her amazing flexibility and agility. :)
Just like John, Heather loves to be in the water. She joined our local swim team this summer and has improved her swim strokes a lot. She participated in swim meets and brought home a couple of first and second place medals for the butterfly and freestyle. She is looking forward to middle school next year where she can join the school's swim team.

Heather is now a 10 yr old, 5th grade sweet girl. We still can't believe this is her last year in elementary school. She mentions that even though she is the youngest (by a few months to a year only) she still likes being one of the older ones among the elementary kids. :) She loves being outdoors, climbing trees and jumping on the trampoline. She enjoys playing with our three cats (Lois-16, Cody and Sally, both 2), writing her own stories and spending time with her friends. She enjoyed participating in her school play Hamlet as a narrator. In Spring, the running group she belongs in (Girls on the Run) participated in a local 5k for a worthy cause. Her favorite instrument is the flute. She enjoys learning how to knit from me and doing crafts. Twice a month she attends Activity day girls in our church where they get to do some fun activities and crafts.





John continues to work for Princeton University's Plasma Physics Laboratory. He likes constancy and stability especially with his job at the laboratory (it will be his 30 yrs working there!).
He continues to enjoy music. He records musical performances, hauls his sound system to/from the events, DJ's at Riverside School picnics, runs the sound system and co-DJ's for Church youth dances.

In November, we celebrated our 16th year wedding anniversary. As we look back to the many experiences we have been through, we continue to rely and build upon the strength of the love we have for each other.
I am a wife and a mother. I am the house meal planner and chef, driver, housekeeper, shopper, etc. Oh the joys and hard work of being a woman. :) One thing that I love doing is cooking and creating in the kitchen. I especially enjoy cooking with a friend, or two. A couple of times a month I would get together with a friend to cook (and of course eat!). My family and friends are such willing food testers that seem to enjoy the food that I produce in the kitchen. :)
I am a daughter, an aunt and a sister. My family in the Philippines is also doing well. My brother and his wife continues to work as nurses. My mother lives with them and is able to help with Hannah. Hannah is now 5 years old and is slowly starting to get used to being in school a few mornings a week. She still wants my mom right outside the room, but she is making friends and having fun learning. The last time we were in the Philippines was last July 2010 for a month. We all had a great time visiting and reconnecting with our family.
I am a daughter of God. My kids and I belong to and attend The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. John comes with us occasionally for activities, holidays and special programs. We love going to church and learning how to be better people and to eventually be with our love ones for eternity. We love the many friends and friendships we have been so blessed to have. This year, I was called to be the Relief Society Meeting Coordinator in our church. I plan activities with the other sisters in the committee where the sisters in the church can come together four times a year to socialize, develop skills and be uplifted spiritually. I was in charge for the last two and it was a fun experience.
I am a voracious reader, so when the chores are done I can be found with a book in front of my face. I've always been a skinny, little, bookworm! Our local public library is one of my favorite spots where I can spend hours and hours relaxed in a comfy chair with a good book at hand.
I love gardening and working outside which is a work out of its own. Walking along the canal towpath for about 5 miles is also one thing that I love doing a few times a week.
Needle work like crocheting, knitting, loom knitting and card making are the crafts I love doing. I have knitted quite a few scarves and hat for my family and friends this past few months that should keep them warm for the winter.
Health-wise, I am doing well. Other than a one month round of antibiotics I was taking for Lyme disease, I continue to take blood thinner for my mechanical heart valve surgery two years ago. I am at the doctors office often for protime checks to make sure my INR level is in the normal range. They have to make sure due to the blood thinner that my blood is not too thin or two thick. I am grateful for doctors, medicine and all medical related advancements we have at this time and age to help us all healthy.
Our trips this year includes hiking the Appalachian trail, local farms, hiking and enjoying the beautiful nature at the Pocono Mountains specifically Bushkill Falls, bicycling & visiting Blairstown where John used to live, and our annual visit to Land of Make Believe.





I hope to do better at updating this family blog so I can keep in touch with friends and families that we do not get to see often and that we miss so much. As 2012 approaches, may you all feel loved and cherished. Wishing you all a meaningful holiday filled with love, hope and good health. We love you!!
3 comments:
Merry Christmas, Nohreen! I thought I recognized Bushkill Falls! Glad you guys made it there; I remember it as a fun hike even though I was quite pregnant! You are a marvelous family and we miss you all. HUGS all around!!
Oh there you are my dear friend!! I miss you and your beautiful family very much. It was great to catch up with you on your blog.
Merry Christmas!!
Love you. :)
Loved the pictures. What a good looking family with lots of wonderful achievements.
Post a Comment