Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Anniversary gift
We got married twice; November 1995 civil wedding her in our living room & April 1996 at Princeton University Chapel, and we celebrate them both. I mentioned these important dates so you can see the relevance to the next sentences. We just found out that I will be needing heart surgery to replace my mitral valve. I saw my heart surgeon (the same one who repaired my valve 10 yrs ago) today. I have been very limited as to what I can do lately without feeling all fatigued For example, going up & down the stairs is such a chore now, & so is just walking. After talking with my cardiologist & heart surgeon, we feel it's best to go through the surgery again. The severe leakage needs to be fixed & vegetation (growth) from the Endocarditis needs to be removed. The road ahead will be bumpy, but we feel that we'll be fine because of the many friends who are very willing to help us through. So, on April 20, John will get me a new mechanical valve for our 13th wedding anniversary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Nohreen,
We hope you feel better soon! You and your family are in our prayers.
Gina
Nohreen,
I work in the Cath lab and know all about valve replacement as I'm sure you do. I'm sure you will feel much better but I know it will take some time to recover. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers.
Katie
Of course we'll be praying for you too. Make sure you call me to put us to work for you. :)
We LOVE you!
You are in our prayers. We love you. Sana gumaling ka na. Mag-ingat ka lagi.
Charity
We hope you feel better soon! We've missed your smiling face at church. Please let us know if we can help with ANYTHING! Sending lots of love and prayers your way!
Sean, Holly, Abby, and Jaxon Rock
Gina, Katie, Nancy, Charity & Holly--
Wow, thank you so very much. We are deeply touched by your offers of help & prayers. We truly appreciate them & we'll think of you whenever we need the help. Right now, John & I are drawing up a plan for the week I'm in the hospital & while I'm recovering...it's a bit overwhleming, & I've only gotten as far as 2 weeks (including the one week hospital stay). We will just have to see how I will be feeling after I get back home. I'm also preparing, preparing, preparing...
I can surely think of more romantic anniversary gifts, but then, I guess he is fixing your broken heart. Kind of a sweet way to look at things. I am sorry that you have to go through this again, but I have faith that all will be well and you will be better off afterwards. We will keep you in our prayers and thoughts - especially on 4-20. Thank you for your wonderful example of quiet faith in the face of adversity.
Post a Comment